Tuesday, May 22, 2007






















































More pics!!! Today was a long day. Not alot to do where we are, and the hotel room gets small. The pics of the city are from a window in the hall of our hotel room. It's amazing how huge this city is. As far as you can see from 26 floors up, all you see is buildings and city. And the crazy thing is that our guide says this is considered a small city, only around 4 million! As you can probably tell through these pics of Mia, she has no problem expressing all the typical emotions. One minute all smiles, the next minute nothing but mad, the next minute nothing but sad, then back to smiles again. She still does not like going to bed. We were able to get her down for a 1 hr nap and that was about it. Our guide, Cindy, works with couples like us 5 days a week. She went walking thru the city with us tonite and said that Mia is doing exceptionally well with us. She will only let Sherry or I hold her or touch her. She is very shy to strangers, but warms up quickly. I think that tomorrow we are going to goto the village that they think that she came from. They told us that there is not much there, very poor area, however, we want to get some pictures to be able to show her one day. Thanks again to everyone for your support. We are ready to come home allready, yet still have 7 more days!!! Keep sending us responses on this page or email us. We really enjoy reading and hearing from everyone.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look at your pictures and read all of your stories, and you give me chills and I can't help but cry. God has truly blessed you for you are 2 wonderful people and you share so much with everyone you know and it just bubbles out of you. May God continue to bless you all ways and always. Sure do miss you. Love
Gina

Anonymous said...

SHES PRETTY SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE IS GOING TO BE THE NET LIL LINDA
I CANT WAIT TO SEE HER I LVE HER ALREADY

Anonymous said...

SORRY THAT COMMENT WAS SENT BY YOUR OWN JACOB SCHOEN

Anonymous said...

Dear Schoen Family,
I am so happy for you all!! She is a beautiful addition to a beautiful family. I cant wait to spend time with her and get to know her. From what I hear she is going to fit right in with the boys. (I wonder if they know how much of thier heart she is going to steal)I dont think any one can look at the pictures and not cry tears of happiness for you and all God will do with this blessing. You all are truly a blessing to those around you. I cant wait for you to get back.
Love ya,
Liz

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful. I have been reading your blog daily. We are praying for yall and can't wait to meet Mia! See ya soon, Heather.

Anonymous said...

Yeah...that city looks pretty small compared to Burleson, Texas... :) Our population of 300 including livestock :) Hope to see you guys soon..I hear Aunt Linda and Aunt Jacquie are bubbling over with excitement. The Brown grandchildren clan will probably always outnumber you though..or wait...I guess you actuall outnumbered us now! Amazing! Until I pick up the score...don't think Aaron will ever.

PS--Hey Shannon! Miss you! Linda is pretty stinkin cute!

Anonymous said...

Mia can probably spell better than your american kids already.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Larry can't wait to see you mia. In memory of you larry quotes this poem to me at night.

My child,
I carried you in my heart
before you were even born
And dared to dream
that you were real.

My child,
I carried your picture with me
since the day I received it,
And dared to love
a child I was yet to meet.

My child,
I carried you in my arms at last,
and gazed in helpless wonder
at your face,
And dared to lose
my heart to you.

And now, my child,
a dream fulfilled,
a prayer answered,
a family created,
I have dared to become
a mom.

And so now,
my precious child,
I shall carry you


We love you. Your light shines though the darkness!

mimi said...

I am so blessed to have such wonderful, handsome grandsons and such a beautiful, precious granddaughter and two loving, Christian children{their parents} who I am very proud of and love very much. I am praying for you all every day and can't wait to see you soon. love, MIMI

Anonymous said...

Maw Maw says...

I love you sherry and michael. All is well on the homefront, I'm glad to see you enjoying your time with Mia. I'm glad Mia will go to both of you. The food in the pictures looks better than the food the boys have been served. Diet pepsi and pretzels for all. I know you have been consumed with how macy is handling you being away, so I thought I'd reassure you she is doing fine. shorty has taught macy a few new moves on the dance floor. I love your boys and always will. And now your giving me alittle girl to love too.

your loving mother

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad mom's glad. Don't that just make you glad that everyone is feeling so glad. I'll be glad when you come home. Your boys will be glad your home. Maybe you will bring some of those glad bags home with you. I'm glad you went to the zoo. I bet the glad monkeys are glad Mia was born in the glad year of the monkeys. Glad I wasn't. Well I am gladfully going to bed.

Signed Gladus

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the whole family on July 4th! China is a bueatiful place