Wednesday, May 23, 2007

These pictures are from last night at dinner and back at the hotel going to bed. Mia was teaching Sherry the art of using chopsticks at the restaurant. We were kindof nervous about the food, however, we are finding it to be okay. Okay to Sherry, very good to me. Our guide, Cindy, explained to us that in this part of China, most of the dishes are very spicy. She kept warning us about the food being "very very spicy". She went to eat at the restaurant with us last night. She ordered some kind of spicy potatoes and she thought that they would be to hot for us. They were very weak in the spicy catagory. We need to bring her some real spicy food from Louisiana. She couldn't believe that I ate everything that she did. I think that she is used to dealing more with people from up north because the couple across the hall from us were complaining about how spicy everything was. I am still looking for a scorpion on a stick. I want to try that, saw it on a discovery show once. Cindy said that this part of China doesn't eat scorpion, mainly in Hong Kong. Today, Thursday, it has been raining all day. Not much to do. Sherry and Mia are finally taking a nap and I am about to scare my guide by going on an adventure walk by myself. They get scared when I go by myself. Not because they think that I will get robbed or anything, but only because they think that I will get lost. This city has over 4 million people, and Cindy told us the the policemen get off of work at 5:00pm everyday. Crazy, that many people and they don't seem to have any crime! I hope to get out and try to take some more pictures for everyone to see. Most of the pictures have been in the hotel room because Mia has a chest cold. Please keep praying that she will get better quickly, especially before the plane rides. To our boys, PLEASE continue to be helpful to Mawmaw and Pawpaw. They are doing our family a favor by watching you for us. Be thankful that you have them. Also, please don't think that your mother or I would ever love Mia more than you. We were just as happy the day each of you was born as we are about getting Mia. Don't think that Mia is just for mom, she will be a part of each one of our lives. She will be your sister for the rest of your lives. Pretty awesome when you think about it. She will be going from an orphanage to family with 4 brothers who will all love and take care of her. Haden, you better move over in the bed, Mia kicks and moves more than you!!! Will send more pics tomorrow. Bye for now, and remember that we love you all very much and are missing you too!!!














7 comments:

mimi said...

It was so wonderful to hear from you last night. i am praying for as is everyone here. the pics are so sweet. apparently Mia sleeps like me,all over the bed. Nana says Abigail sleeps the same way too. Nana and Aunt Merd love seeing the pics and think she is beautiful as well. I plan on calling the boys this weekend to see how they and Linda and Rodney are doing . i wish i could have been more help. i wish we lived closer.but the LORD has plans for us that we don't know about yet and maybe one day soon we will all be together. i am praying for all of you and can't wait to pray with you soon. the LORD has been so good to us. we certainly have been blessed i love you all so very much, MiMi

Abigail King said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abigail King said...

I DO SLEEP LIKE THAT, NANA WAS RIGHT. NOT SO BAD NOW, BUT FOR SURE WHEN I WAS YOUNGER. I USE TO FALL OFF THE BED ALL THE TIME!! HANNAH IS LIKE THAT. IT IS NO FUN SLEEPING WITH HER!! LOOKS LIKE MIA LOVES THAT PHONE YOU GOT HER!! SHE ALWAYS HAS IT NOW. I PUNCTURED HANNAH'S EAR DRUM WHILE I WAS CLEANING IT. HAS TO RUSH HER TO THE DR. BC BLOOD WAS POURING OUT OF HER EAR. VERY SCARY!! IT IS SO SAD WHEN LITTLE GIRLS CRY!! BUT YOU KNOW THAT NOW!! SO WE HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH A VERY SAD LITTLE GIRL FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS. HER EAR HURTS VERY MUCH. SHE HAS BEEN GETTING UP EVERY NIGHT. HOPE MIA IS SLEEPING BETTER. TELL SHERRY TO NAP EVERY CHANCE SHE GETS!! AND IF YOU EVER NEED A BABYSITTER.... YOU COULD JUST FLY HER TO ME. HAHA!! WE LOVE YOU AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER AND THE BOYS IN A FEW MONTHS!

Anonymous said...

I feel bad for Aunt Lynda and Uncle Rodney because they have to watch the annoing boys!
your dear cousin,
Jennier

Anonymous said...

hey jennifer gail,
you have no idea girlfriend what its like with these four boys.Dirty is the word= socks, shoes, shirts, dishes, on and on and on. Good thing for me I like to wash, wash, wash, clean, clean, clean. Their new cheer is "Maw Maw what a pest. Makes us clean up all our mess! It used to be Maw Maw shes the best. Better better then the rest. But they arent singing that one any more. After two weeks of my cooking they will be as thin as Mia.They think things are different with the old Paw Paw and Maw Maw in town for a while, but they havent seen anything yet! Just wait till little Miss Mia comes to town. Their lives will never be the same!!!!!!!!!!!! When things settle in a bit for her, we will have to get together with all the family and give her a welcome to the family party. Well I have to run, I smell something burning. It was going to be dinner but o well we still have lots of bread and butter.
love ya
Aunt Linda

Anonymous said...

im decided wen i turn 18 im going to get mias name tattood on my back in chinese..wataya think?? things are goin good over here and we all waitin for yalls return..next time yall cal talk to me instead of calin and talkin to paw paw and hanging up dude i want to kno hows things are goin....take pics and vidoes and ill see yall wen yall get back..love always,
Alex J Schoen

Laura said...

Mike and Sherry,

Mia is beautiful. I am so excited for your family. What an awesome gift for all of you'll.

Sherry, I am sure your sister is a good mother, but you are an awesome and Godly mother too. Please don't ever doubt that. I look forward to meeting your little girl. Love, Laura Jones